A Fresh Look
- Run multi-year donor retention analysis, comparing to benchmarks
- Analyze major donor economics: rep cost to caseload value
- Identify where new donor giving is covering up lost donor giving
- Identify mega donor opportunities – confluence of wealth overlay and current giving
Major Donor Monitor
Managing The Right Donors
- Create qualification process to I.D. donors who want to relate to your organization.
- Identify donor passions and interests and preferred communication media.
- Set goals and create plans for each donor – moves management.
- Track individual donor activity, performance and retention against industry benchmarks.
Major Gift Officer Monitor
Sales Management Support
- Assist with hiring and performance evaluation of Major Gift Officers (MGOs)
- Train and continue to coach MGOs
- Determine caseload selection criteria with focus on active donors vs. prospects
- Build qualified caseloads for each MGO and set goals
- Set and monitor retention benchmarks for each MGO
- Produce monthly report for Management: progress against goals, activity, planned giving referrals
Project Support Portfolio
Development of Offers
- Package the entire organization budget into Project Support Portfolios that match donor interests and passions to the needs of the organization and the people they serve.
- Ensure that MGOs match specific donor interests and passions for each donor on their caseload to an organizational category or sub-category in the Project Support Portfolio.
- Develop Personalized Annual/Quarterly reports, using existing organizational content, then personalizing
Ultimate Donor Giving
- Audit planned giving program to see how it is working and to assess potential and staffing
- Train planned giving personnel in all types of instruments, types and identification of prospects, how to connect with the donor and strategy and communication planning
- Coach and mentor planned giving personnel; develop specific strategy for targeted donors; mentor other planned giving staff; manage planned giving personnel.
Foundation, Corporate and Government Revenue
Grants Research, Writing and Reporting Services
- Audit grant revenue history to determine how grants factor into overall revenue and how the program has performed.
- Provide grant research services to find the best grantor fit for program offers
- Help write grant proposals or write them from scratch ourselves
- Set up and manage grant reporting and compliance systems to meet grantor requirements
- Develop and manage grant information system
- Help cultivate and manage grantor relationships
- Provide training and personnel services (hiring, evaluation) to internal grant staff.
- Provide technical assistance of any kind to internal grants personnel.
We help leaders manage change and performance
- Manage organizational change and change in the behavior of other leaders and staff
- Correct performance problems
- Improve relationships
- Support top performers, preserving them for the organization
- Discover hidden connectors and influencers in the organization and manage them toward positive change and performance
- Receive constructive feedback
- Resolve conflicts and mediate issues
- Design effective division of labor (organization charts) and related job descriptions, roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Understand and manage a younger generation of employees.
- Develop new ways to attack problems
- Deal with promotions and stretch assignments
- Identify root causes of problems and make fundamental changes
- Assess skills, motivations and abilities and plan for their personal development and help them develop personal awareness
- Improve their communication
- Plan for donor’s personal development
- Mentor and advise them
We manage your development efforts and team
Veritus Group can come in as your interim Development Director to help you quickly assess your team, create a strategic fundraising plan, and manage your major gift officers and other development staff for a specified time. This allows us to “right the ship,” get your program running again and help you find a long-term replacement for ongoing management.
Major Donor Online
Think about it: You’re hiring seasoned fundraising professionals for less than an inexperienced Development Director.
Let’s talk about how we can work together.