VERITUS GROUP ACADEMY
Certification Course for Major Gift Fundraisers
Whether you’re a frontline fundraiser or a non-profit leader, we’ve got a foundational major gift fundraising course that’s right for you.
These courses run concurrently so leaders and their fundraising team can learn the same concepts at the same time and get on the same page. Whatever your role in your organization, you’ll discover the proven principles of the Veritus Way, and how to apply them for major gift success.
Participants who complete the course in full will become Veritus Scholars.
Registration for the October course ends in:
What you will learn:
- How to take your fundraising program to the next level
- Tools you can use for years to come
- Skills for your own professional development
- Proven ways to increase major gift revenue
- The key to experiencing joy in your work
What you need to know:
- This course is self-paced and allows you to interact in a multi-media learning experience (webinars, videos, podcasts, readings, and group calls) on your own schedule during the 13-week course period.
- There are 8 modules in this course. You should estimate 3-5 hours of work per module. Each module does vary, so we recommend setting aside time each week to stay on top of your course work.
- When you complete the course and submit your assignments, you’ll earn 36 CFRE Credits. Upon completing the course, you will also earn your Veritus Scholar certificate.
- Our peer group discussion calls for this course are recommended, but not required. These calls are a time to be live with a Veritus expert and ask questions, seek guidance on implementation, and share ideas with your fellow participants. All calls are recorded and will be made available to participants within 24 hours.
Food For The Poor Inc.
After 11 years on the program staff, I felt frightened when I joined the Major Giving team. But after taking a Veritus Group Academy course and our organization’s consulting with Veritus, I gained the confidence to recognize that when a relationship of trust has been established…
American Cancer Society, North Central Region
“The Veritus Group Academy is one of the finest instructional and developmental experiences in which I have participated that focuses on practical and necessary practices for developing donor investment and understanding…
Williamette West Habitat for Humanity
“Well, what an exciting ride the MGO program has been for me! There were times when I was invigorated, overwhelmed and soul searched about my role in the MGO arena. But, I found so much valuable information and skills…
Certification Course for Major Gift Fundraisers
Whether you’re a new fundraiser or experienced and looking for new tools and skills, this course is for you.
This course is for you if you are:
- Eager to better focus on the right donors with the right plan and goals in place
- Ready to learn how to talk more confidently to donors
- Looking to be more successful year after year
- An MGO who would love to be successful and have more joy in your work
- Longing to have a community of other MGOs whom you can share ideas with
- Interested in learning through different types of media
- A new MGO who is eager to learn as much as you can
- A veteran that would like to brush up on your knowledge and skills
Does any of this speak to you?
“Through Major Gift Academy, and continued work one-on-one with a Veritus consultant, I’ve gained a better understanding of each step in the process, and I’ve built a terrific foundation for getting better results. The training I received helped me to carefully and systematically plan frequent touch points with the donors on my portfolio, so I could better discover the passions and interests of the donors I work with and match it with their resources.
This course and the continued consulting with Veritus gave me the confidence to recognize that when a relationship of trust has been established, I can be fearless in my approach when asking for a much-needed gift for a worthy cause”
Q & A
You probably have some questions about these courses, or even which one would be right for you:
I work with donors, but I also have management responsibilities. Which course should I take?
I've been in major gift fundraising for a long time. Will I get anything out of this?
We’ve had glowing reviews from both novices and long-time fundraisers who have taken this course. If you’re not already using The Veritus Way to qualifying and tiering donors, setting goals and communication plans, presenting asks to donors, and keeping your focus on partner relationships, then you’ll get a lot out of this course.
Will I have time for this course?
Choose the session that’s right for you.
The next session starts on October 30, 2023. Register today!
Regular price: $1,997
Enrollment is now open for 2024 classes!
Choose your session.
October 30, 2023
February 12, 2024
Have questions? Call us at (859) 212-6262
“I brought my team of fundraisers to VGA so we could speak a common language. We have experienced tremendous success implementing The Veritus Way, and I would recommend putting every MGO through this course.”
“After 11 years on the program staff, I felt frightened when I joined the Major Giving team. But after taking a Veritus Group Academy course and our organization’s consulting with Veritus, I gained the confidence to recognize that when a relationship of trust has been established, I can be fearless in my approach when asking for a much-needed gift for a worthy cause.”
“The Veritus Major Gift Academy is one of the finest instructional and developmental experiences in which I have participated that focuses on practical and necessary practices for developing donor investment and understanding. The content is thorough and relevant, and the instructors are fundraising professionals and excellent educators who incorporate personal anecdotes as well as practice models in their instruction.”