VERITUS GROUP ACADEMY
How to Start a Major Gifts Program
Major gifts is one of the most significant ways you can drive increased net revenue to support your organization’s programs. But without a disciplined system and structure, your major gifts program will fail to be effective.
It’s critical to develop buy-in and set clear expectations for what a major gifts program can achieve, how to ramp a program up, and establish the role of a Major Gifts Officer. While this takes work and time, it will be well-worth it once your program is up and running.
What we’ll cover:
- The role and purpose of a major gifts program
- The key pillars of a disciplined approach to major gifts
- How to create your Business Protocols
- The tools and systems you need to implement to efficiently run your program, and how to use them
- Getting your data right
- Developing buy-in with your team
- Your next steps for launching your program
What you need to know
This course is self-paced and allows you to interact with the content on your own schedule. You’ll retain access to the course for 6-months and must complete the material during that time to earn the CFRE credits.
- There is 1-module in this course. You should estimate 5-8 hours of course work.
- CFRE credits are currently pending but expected to be 6 CFRE Credits.
Q & A
Why should I choose this course?
Without the right system and structure, your major gifts program will lack focus and struggle to meet expectations. This course will give you a focused training on the necessary set-up components you need to create a successful program.
What do I get out of this course?
You’ll learn the strategies and systems you need to develop buy-in, create a strong foundation from which your program can grow, and start building out the protocols you’ll need to establish a disciplined approach to your major gift fundraising efforts.
When you finish the course, you’ll have a clear roadmap for your next steps and know how to set up your program for success.
Is this course for me?
This course is designed with fundraising leaders in mind who are looking to build a major gifts program at their organization. It would also be beneficial for any staff members who would be involved in this initial build process.