MGA for Major Gift Officers
This foundational online course is an 8-module, 3-month plan to increase your understanding and skills for major gift fundraising. It is essential for major gift officers, development managers, and non-profit executives who are working with major donors. Click here to learn more.
Starting, managing and growing a major gift program takes time and a deep understanding of donor relationships, successful MGO practices and a management structure and environment that positively supports the program.
More on Major Gift Academy
Major Gift Academy isn’t just a course; it’s your source for major gift trainings of all types. Our most popular courses include:
- Academy for Major Gift Fundraisers
- Academy for Managers & Executives
- Short Topical Courses
- And much, much more.
- Click the orange bar below to go there now.
MGA for CEOs & Executives
This course is designed to help CEOs and Executives create a “culture of philanthropy” within your organization. The key elements of the training are focused on:
- Creating a positive, donor-centered management environment where major gift fundraising is supported by the whole team.
- How to work with finance and program to create offers for donors that will secure transformational gifts.
- Creating a program that collaborates with planned giving and capital campaigns in your organization vs. competing with them.
- Hiring major gift officers (MGOs) with the right skills
- Setting appropriate goals for each MGO
- Evaluating and rewarding performance
- Creating an expansion plan for major gifts that will secure more net revenue for your mission. This Academy will be offered in Spring 2017. Click here to learn more.