Planning & Development
You may be struggling with developing a strategic plan. Or you may be wondering how to support your major gift team with fundable projects so that they have something to inspire their donors. Perhaps your development department isn’t set up to be efficient and to use everyone’s skills and strengths, yet you’re not sure how to fix it.
One of the things we encounter in our major gifts work is an organizational context that is broken and dysfunctional. Often, major gifts programs do not work because:
- There is no program or finance information for donor offers.
- The fundraising or development function is not organized properly.
- There is no integrated strategic plan.
- A manager or leader needs coaching on how to manage and lead.
- Institutional structures work against the fundraising effort, even if they don’t mean to.
- Organizational leaders have misplaced or unreasonable expectations for program goals.
Does any of this sound familiar? If so, request a free Organizational Consultation from Veritus. We’ll request information, schedule a time to talk, and explore with you some root causes of whatever troubles you’re facing.
Developing Donor Offers
We find that one of the reasons major gift programs struggle is that they don’t have good fundable offers of various sizes for donor asks. Veritus offers a service to:
- Package the entire organization’s budget into Project Support Portfolios that present fundable projects and programs that include appropriate overhead.
- Ensure that MGOs match specific donor interests and passions for each donor on their caseload to portion of the Project Support Portfolio;
- Develop personalized Annual/Quarterly reports to report back to donors on the impact of their gifts.
Strategic Planning and Assessment
If appropriate, Veritus can propose a full assessment and planning process to help your development program get back on track. The result will be a complete, actionable plan with recommendations for effective changes to your organizational practice.